![]() |
| Map and stats of Lake Mountain. |
by Sam
Lake Mountain was unknown to me before this year, at least by that name. I'd been there before with loud boom boom sticks but never on a run. It is the small mountain range just west of Utah Lake. I was able to hit most of its summits during Christmas break this winter season with a handful of Wranglers. It actually has a very flat top with several different peaks to access right from the top. This time I only summitted the "main" peak or at least the most popular one and then it was straight down the other side.
![]() |
| Sunrise on the South Oquirrhs. |
Zach Case, a WMW, organized this fun run. 19 people started together and most of us finished at the same time but with varying routes in the middle and end. I kind of got lost coming out of the west side of the mountain. When I crested a hill and saw Utah Lake I realized I was headed in the wrong direction. Then I kind of got lost when we wrapped back around to the north side of the mountain. Then I didn't feel like running all the way down to Redwood Road so I cut straight across the fields jumping a few gates and barbed wire fences. It was actually quite humorous arriving at the finish around the same time as everyone else. We all asked each other which route each of us had taken to finish the last 5-10 miles and there were about four different routes. It was funny to hear about each different way taken.
Trail Running is Adventure Running!
| Davy Crockett following the rest up to the summit. |
| Cy & Jason near Lake Mtn. summit, Utah Lake below. |
| Reunited with the group on the west side. |
| Gabe. |
| Nothing going on here! DJ and Jeremy are not hopping any fence. And those are definitely not Altra's Olympus and Lone Peaks. |


Sweet write up. That was a great run. It was nice meeting you and thanks for helping me through a few rough miles.
ReplyDelete