Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer Trail Series Handoff - Prospector/Church Rocks

by Sam


If you're in St. George, you don't got a lot of time and you want to get a lot of miles in, the Prospector trail is for you. It basically parallels I-15 just a bit north of St. George with several access points. Also along the way is the Church Rocks trail, which is about a three mile loop up and over and around red slick rock. Keep your eye out for cairns and don't be afraid to backtrack when you miss a turn off. I did a few times. For the most part both trails were well marked, just the south junction was a tad bit confusing. If you have more time, the Prospector trail continues in either direction towards St. George or Leeds. There were also a few junctions to other trails that could add miles and scenery. I saw two other runners. The first one was a fellow about my age and the second was an older man, like 60's at least. When I passed the older man he said: "My God, there's three of us out here." Apparently, the St.George area needs some more trail runners. Big thanks to fastCory for the trail suggestions.







No comments:

Post a Comment