Friday, July 27, 2012

Double Waterfall Day

Sam was out of town this week, but I still wanted to try a new trail anyway.  So I decided to make today a double waterfall day and hit both the Adams canyon waterfall in Layton as well as Waterfall Canyon in Ogden.  I started over in Adams Canyon.  I have used this trail as a staple of my training this year, and have thus done it more than a dozen times.  Usually it takes me between 50 and 55 minutes.  Today I started a little before sunrise at 5:35am, and it was quite dark for the first 20 minutes, slowing me down somewhat.  I finished trailhead to waterfall to trailhead in 53:48.  Three minutes behind my best time.  Once I finished that, I drove 20 minutes north to the Waterfall canyon trail.  Since I've never done this trail before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  The trail was shorter than I was led to believe, but it made up for it with a steady incline the whole 1.25 miles to the waterfall.  My in and out time was 42:10, but that was hardly a competitive effort. 

Adams Canyon Waterfall

Waterfall Canyon... is my chin really that gray?


2 comments:

  1. Dude. Your chin is even more grey than that in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it's only one chin, I think I can live with it.

    ReplyDelete