 |
| Lewis Peak Map via the North Ogden Divide Trailhead. |
Lewis Peak is located just north of Ogden Canyon. We took the North Ogden Divide Trailhead accessed from North Ogden Canyon, which coincidentally shares a parking lot with Ben Lomond. Sam's wife had a baby earlier this week and Steve is still recovering from his marathon, so we took it easy most of the way up. We started at about 6:30 am and it was cold. The trail has about a mile of switchbacks right at the beginning, then stays up on the ridge-line the rest of the way.
 |
| Steve, with the first rays of sun, starting the ridge-line. Ben Lomond in the background. |
The trail was absolutely stunning. I asked Steve several times why we had never done any trail-running in October (of course, we are only into our second year of serious trail-running). I think October may be my absolute favorite time to get out on a trail. It's beautiful beyond words and it's also a lot cooler, which means my face doesn't need to be rung out several times.
 |
Summit Warrior! No... he didn't pull it out of the ground. It was on the
ground when we arrived. |
The trail was roughly 5 miles to the summit, which passed by rather quickly, even though it took us about an hour and a half. We didn't gain much more than 1000 feet and most of that was in the first mile. The views were spectacular in all directions. The trail allows you to view from Ogden down to Salt Lake and over the other side at Pineview as well.
 |
| Inspired by Jake, we left a monkey at the summit. OTM's were here! |
I really enjoyed the trail. I love running the ridge-lines especially, because the views are awesome and more distance can be traversed. I think Lewis Peak will become a regular October run.
 |
| Looking South at Mt. Ogden. |
Dude...yer gonna be disappointed...I took different shoes and didn't get to leave a monkey at the top of jade mountain. But there were other monkey surprises....to be posted later.
ReplyDelete