Friday, July 5, 2013

Sessions Adventure Run: Slippery When Wet

Matt Ricks and Me on Sessions Peak looking North along the Wasatch.

Summit Monkey.
Today's run was truly and adventure. It was Steve's idea to hit Grandview Peak, then he bailed on me. Luckily, Matt Ricks, a fellow Wrangler joined me this morning. Actually, I was unfamiliar with the trails so I joined him.  We started at 4:30 a.m. at the Sessions Trailhead and ran up the Sessions Mountains until we hit what the locals call Sessions Peak, which is different from the Sessions Mountain just to the north (which I thought was Sessions Peak). Everything was new to me except the last four miles, and apparently after summitting Sessions Peak everything was new to Matt as well. Time was short so we weren't able to tag Grandview, however we might as well have since we missed a turnoff and added three miles to our adventure. We still had a great time, despite getting soaked and somehow avoiding falling several times from slipping on rocks, mud and brush. I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.

Map of Sessions Mountain.


Matt, on his way up.
The Crags.


Grandview, taunting us.

Matt in the Aspen Grove.

"Don't go into the long grass." 
View of the Bountiful Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment