Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Trail Series 4 - Exploring Lewis

Selfie at the overlook.
Today I decided to check out the trail that leads from Pineview Reservoir up to Lewis Peak.  The skyline marathon covers this section on its last major downhill section.  This trail is similar to the Ben Lomond trail from the North Ogden divide in that mountain and dirt bikes can ride up it.  And if a dirt bike can ride up it, I have to run up it.  Of the 21 miles today, I was able to run more than 20 of it.  Yup... pretty sweet.

After reaching the ridge at about 7 and a quarter miles, I took the route to go south to the Ogden Canyon overlook.  It sits right on top of some pretty good sized cliffs.   As I was coming back, I realized I would need a few more miles to reach 20 for the trip, so I detoured over and tagged Lewis Peak again.

I saw a lot of moose prints in the dust on the trail, but no moose attached to them.  Other than that, the trip was fun and yet pretty uneventful.
Lewis Peak map from Pineview.  Ogden Canyon Overlook from Pineview.

1 mile into the trail above Pineview Reservoir

The trail, with Ogden Canyon Overlook in the
middle of the photo.  Mount Ogden is directly
behind the overlook.


No comments:

Post a Comment