![]() |
| Dude peak map and stats. |
by Sam
Dude Peak can only be found in the night if you're a Dude. That's why Kenzie was so excited to run with five other dudes. Dude! It was that or get a life altering operation, she opted for the night run with a handful of Dudes to Dude Peak. I know, right, Dude! Although, I must mention we'd all be lost dudes without THE Dude, Matt Ricks, to guide us along this trail in the dark. Dude can be accessed from several different trailheads, depending on how much mileage or how much vertical you want. We started at the Wild Rose trailhead in NSL, which comes out just under 10 miles roundtrip. This was my second summit of Dude in the dark. I've actually never ran it in the light. It would be awesome to run during the day since it's a ridgeline that allows you to see into both Davis and Salt Lake Counties.
| From the Green Monkey (Steve) clockwise: Sam, Kenzie, Matt R., Jeff, Tommy. |
The view would definitely be sweeping during the daylight, however the city lights are a beauty all their own. Dude, if you haven't gotten up to Dude Peak, do it! Dude!
| Dudes, Jeff and Steve climbing one of the steep rolling hills. |
| The Salt Lake Valley from Dude. |
| Dudes: Happy Stevie-poo, Stargazer Jeff, Trail Captain Matt, Friendly Tommy (it's ok, they're married, I think), Kenzie. |

No comments:
Post a Comment